Photo

Installous Remove MetaData on iOS 5.1.1

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

AznVamp

AznVamp
  • 2 Posts
With Remove MetaData switched to ON, the AppStore still wants to update cracked apps. Is anyone else having this problem?

Running 5.1.1.

Thanks

Sudo

Sudo

Super Elite Member

• VIP
  • 1,342 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5
  • Firmware:7.1.2
I have that each time I restore, It tells me to update. If I do update, it asks for money. To make it go away use installous to install the app.

AznVamp

AznVamp
  • 2 Posts

I have that each time I restore, It tells me to update. If I do update, it asks for money. To make it go away use installous to install the app.

Hmmm, the app I'm speaking of was downloaded and installed through Installous though. :\

Dark Energy

Dark Energy

• VIP
  • 1,270 Posts

With Remove MetaData switched to ON, the AppStore still wants to update cracked apps. Is anyone else having this problem?

Running 5.1.1.

Thanks

works fine on 5.0.1..installous 4..when it's 'ON' you should not find any update of the apps in app store..maybe not yet fully compatible with 5.1.1..installous 5 is already released so i think it will solve your problem.

1394440772__signature.gif

Persephone

Persephone
  • 68 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:5.1.1
Toggle it on/off to see if that fixes the problem.
Περσεφόνη
Κασσάνδρα Αλεξάνδρᾱ
Avatar/photo artwork by © Cris Ortega

Guest_Boogerland11_*

Guest_Boogerland11_*
I think installous removes metadata after installing apps after switching it on. Go into the directory in ifile or ssh and delete the file called iTunesMetadata.plist. They should not appear in Appstore updates

RypeDub

RypeDub
  • Platinum
  • 2,285 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad 4
Your going to have to listen to boogerland.

Installous works fine for me on cracked apps on iOS 5.1.1 untethered, latest Rocky Racoon.

Other than that, theres nothing you can do.

If This Post Helped You In Any Way, Please
Make Sure To Click On The "Green
FIYh6qV.png Button"

bricardasb

bricardasb
  • 60 Posts
  • Firmware:6.1
Help guys, I saw update in cydia installous 5 I update it and it will remove installous. Now i cannot install because : Posted Image http://www.part.lt/p...dc63eb52744.jpg

My firmware 5.1.1 iPhone 4

Persephone

Persephone
  • 68 Posts
  • Firmware:5.1.1

Help guys, I saw update in cydia installous 5 I update it and it will remove installous. Now i cannot install because : Posted Image http://www.part.lt/p...dc63eb52744.jpg

My firmware 5.1.1 iPhone 4

Well that's a first for me. WeeLoader is a NotificationCenter extension, and so it can only work on firmwares 5.0 above. :wallbash:
Περσεφόνη
Κασσάνδρα Αλεξάνδρᾱ
Avatar/photo artwork by © Cris Ortega

Dark Energy

Dark Energy

• VIP
  • 1,270 Posts

Well that's a first for me. WeeLoader is a NotificationCenter extension, and so it can only work on firmwares 5.0 above. :wallbash:

what do you mean? he has 5.1.1 firmware so weeloader will work for him..try to install weeloader first then install installous 5..you can also download .deb file for installous 5 & use iFile to install it.

1394440772__signature.gif

Spliff228

Spliff228
  • VIP
  • 122 Posts
  • Firmware:6.1
Or you could use update hider iOS 5. This enables you to hide your Installous apps from the app store to clear the badge and to be able to use the update all button without the buy message popping up. Even if you just hit update all without hiding the updates, it will ask you if you want to buy or cancel updating Installous apps; if you hit cancel, it will update all legit app store apps and ignore Installous apps anyway. This is how I do it and it works great.

I don't remove iTunes metadata because I like to know when there are updates for these apps so I can locate them on the Internet if they haven't been updated in Installous yet.

This is just my method and may not work for your needs, but I find it perfect for mine.

iPhone 5 32gb, Slate (CDMA-I Verizon LTE) 7.0.4 - (Evasi0n7 1.0)
New iPad 32gb, Black (CDMA-I Verizon LTE) 6.1 - (Evasi0n 1.0)
AppleTV 2 v5.2 (iOS 6.1) - (Sn0wbreeze) - ATV Flash, XBMC & lots of goodies!
iPhone 4 32gb, Black (CDMA - Verizon 3G) 6.1 - (Evasi0n 1.0)
iPhone 3G 8gb, Black (Carrier Un-Locked) 3.1.3 - (Whited00r Custom IPSW)
iPad 2 16gb, Black (WIFI, 1st Gen.) 6.1 - (Evasi0n 1.0)