Photo

Does AppSync still work now that Hackulous has shut down?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

DragonRider

DragonRider

Novice

• 33 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5S
  • Firmware:7.0.4
I'm running my iPod on 4.3.3 and since Installous has shut down, I want to try Zeusmos. But it says I need iOS 5. I want to upgrade, but I dont want to lose 2 years worth of apps on it. So does it still work?

†𝔥εℜø

†𝔥εℜø

Super Elite Member

• VIP
  • 1,341 Posts
  • iDevice:iPod Touch 2G
  • Firmware:4.2.1

Appsync should still be working, you might need an alternative to installous to install apps though.

You could get it on the insanelyi repo.

insanelyi Needs YOUR Help! If I helped you please click the Posted Image button above

"Like our repo, forum and everything that's involved? Every feature needs financial assistance to continue it's daily ongoing function. We ask you to Donate or purchase VIP whenever possible. Every little bit helps. Thanks You :)
Personal donations can be given Here" - Chris (Admin)

༏ɴsʌɴεʟʏ༏

༏ɴsʌɴεʟʏ༏

Sull's Whore

• 672 Posts
  • iDevice:iPod Touch 4
  • Firmware:6.1
AppSync still works. If you don't want to upgrade to iOS 5 or 6 (I don't know why you didn't before now, you're missing out.) then you can just find your IPAs online and install them using iFunBox on your computer.

Untitled-1-13.png

Shinigami

Shinigami

Dedicated

• VIP
  • 169 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5
  • Firmware:7.0.4

Backup those 2 years worth apps and upgrade!! :P

Sig.jpg

Friskyfish

Friskyfish

Superstar

• 241 Posts
  • iDevice:iPod Touch 4
  • Firmware:6.1.5

Appsync should still be working, you might need an alternative to installous to install apps though.
You could get it on the insanelyi repo.

iFunbox for pc is my personal choice if I'm not using Installous Lolz

meowington5

meowington5

Lurker

• 4 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad 2
  • Firmware:5.0.1b2

How are people getting it to work? For me at least, the 'Transfer Purchases from *** iDevice' isn't working anymore. 

Is there a different way to do it?

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 18,396 Posts
  • Twitter:@insanelyi
  • Firmware:7.0.6

How are people getting it to work? For me at least, the 'Transfer Purchases from *** iDevice' isn't working anymore. 

Is there a different way to do it?

Did you ever have it working ?

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

meowington5

meowington5

Lurker

• 4 Posts

Did you ever have it working ?

Yeah, I had the hackulo one, then when Installous was stopped, i removed it and installed the insanelyi one instead, and now I can't get it to work anymore. Most of my apps I already have backed up to my iTunes, so I'm wondering if a new JB will fix it.

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 18,396 Posts

Yeah, I had the hackulo one, then when Installous was stopped, i removed it and installed the insanelyi one instead, and now I can't get it to work anymore. Most of my apps I already have backed up to my iTunes, so I'm wondering if a new JB will fix it.

Make sure to turn on under installous.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

meowington5

meowington5

Lurker

• 4 Posts

I just downloaded iFunbox to my mac, and now I don't see Installous on my iDevice anymore :/

Edit: Re downloaded Installous 5, iTunes Sync is enabled in Installous. If I'm not mistaken this is the setting you were talking about?

Edit: I'm not using Installous 5 to install IPA files btw. I'm using vshare now. Could this be the problem?

meowington5

meowington5

Lurker

• 4 Posts

I did some research on the problem and I found a solution :)

The problem for me was not with Appsync, but rather with VShare. One of the recommended solutions that I found was to download whatever I wanted through VShare, and then leave one thing to be installed through Installous by moving a file with iFile. So I downloaded an IPA and put it on dropbox, used iFile to move it to the installous download folder, installed it with installous, and all is working now, the transfer purchases feature in iTunes is working :)

MMG

MMG

Novice

• 29 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 3G
  • Firmware:4.2.1
I have the same problem, I have appsync downloaded from the insanelyi repo and when I click transfer purchases it only syncs the apps from the AppStore and not my installous apps, any suggestions on how to get this working? Thanks

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 18,396 Posts

I have the same problem, I have appsync downloaded from the insanelyi repo and when I click transfer purchases it only syncs the apps from the AppStore and not my installous apps, any suggestions on how to get this working? Thanks

Is iTunes sync turned on under installous.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

Penisbreath

Penisbreath

Banned

• Banned
  • 11 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:6.1

What are the implications now that Install0us/Hackulous are dead? A couple of questions, as I never really knew until recently what AppSync was even supposed to do... I don't why I never looked at the info, I suppose I just assumed it was "a dependency of Install0us that I don't need to be concerned with". So obviously, I have never been able to bring non-appstore apps over via iTunes... the only way I've been able to back them up thus far was using iFunBox and doing the "Create IPA" function to save the package when needed. Which works fine for all intents and purposes, but it would be even more convenient to just be able to do it in iTunes since I have to go in there anyway all the time (I use it primarily as a place to sync/manage my downloaded/installed apps, so this functionality would be a great enhancement to what I currently am doing to begin with). So, having said that:

Now that install0us won't even open, can AppSync be cut on/enabled without going through or using install0us? I deleted it, to be honest, since it's now worthless for app downloads or updates, and the ones I have previous acquired I use iFunBox to manually install, so as far as what use it had to me (as far as I understood) was "none". If I absolutely must use the now defunct install0us to enable AppSync, do I just need to install that patch that allows you to at least bypass the immediate kick-out? I think I tried to install that and it didn't work for me for whatever reason. What about manually editing an install0us pList to change a property to "on/enable" for it? Or does the app itself have to be actively running for the apps to pull over into iTunes?

So ultimately, my questions are:

1- Is there any process that will enable the functionality that AppSync would normally provide, without needing install0us as a "bridge", or is it just a requirement?

2- I know that iFunBox can essentially and effectively be used to backup ("pseudo-sync") these unsigned/invalid apps (from Apple's criteria) manually, but an automated transfer in iTunes would be more efficient and ideal for me... the solution to allow this?

3- How (now or in the past) were these non-approved apps synced from device->iTunes? Could it be done by manually selecting "Transfer Purchases", or was it required to have the "Sync applications" function in iTunes checked/enabled? (Personally, I prefer to have iTunes auto-sync NOTHING, I don't trust it, and so I have ever possible thing set to "manual"... thus a requirement that iTunes "Sync applications" would be a PITA to enable, since my local collection of IPA's and what I actually have/want installed on my device are disparate... and I don't want it fkn either a) installing every app in my local library on first sync/enable, or to b) delete anything from my device... I just want it to leave my shit alone! Don't fk with the way I have it-- it's set up that way for a reason!)

4- You can't manually add unsigned/unverified apps to your "Apps" section in your iTunes library, can you? (I know you can copy the IPA to the Mobile Applications folder, but that doesn't mean that it will show up in the iTunes interface) I think I've tried to backup with iFunBox to IPA and then manually add the app to iTunes and it wouldn't do it. Same garbage as doing a "transfer purchases" from the device back to the library, if the appleid in the stuff doesn't match up...

5- Am I just better off not worrying about iTunes and just manually backing up these IPA's using iFunBox and keeping them separate. It's a little more work for me, but it's not *THAT* big of a deal that I'm gonna hang myself over it. It would just be a nice convenience if I could have 1 central management point for all apps, regardless of their source. Thanks...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users