140 replies to this topic

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,633 Posts
  • Twitter:@insanelyi
  • iDevice:iPhone 5
  • Firmware:7.0.6

I'm getting an error when trying to install beta 6. Any suggestions?

Not to point out the obvious, but I said you don't need the installer anymore, everytime the installer is updated the previous one does not work and I don't have access to the installer, so instead I made a package on the repo which can install everything right on your apple tv with just terminal :laughing:

You need to know how to ssh in for starters, then you can execute these.

echo 'deb http://repo.insanelyi.com ios free' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insanelyi.list;

apt-get update

apt-get install com.sull.firecorerepository

apt-get update

apt-get install com.firecore.maintenance

aTV Black is now installed, as always to get updates, just run apt-get update or check the maintenance menu (this only updates aTV Packages)

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

kendellrt

kendellrt

Dalek Supreme

• VIP
  • 1,000 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5S
  • Firmware:7.0.4
I feel stupid now. I remember you saying that now. I'll do it that way. Thanks for the swift reply!
Click the green button if you appreciate my help and contribution.

---------------------------------------------------------

Facebook: www.facebook.com/kendellrt
Follow me on Twitter: @kendellrt

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,633 Posts

I feel stupid now. I remember you saying that now. I'll do it that way. Thanks for the swift reply!

Ya if you read back a few pages, the last user I was helping had a bunch of different issues so I thought I'd just post the method again so there is no confusion. It works perfect though I've restored my AppleTV twice and it works just grand each time.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

guardm

guardm
  • 67 Posts

Ya if you read back a few pages, the last user I was helping had a bunch of different issues so I thought I'd just post the method again so there is no confusion. It works perfect though I've restored my AppleTV twice and it works just grand each time.

Ya, It was me. Mine works well. Thanks Sull.

garrettedge

garrettedge
  • VIP
  • 39 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:4.3.3
Apparently this is out of date again?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm dumb. How can I do this from Windows though?

ANOTHER EDIT: Tried running command line in WinSCP but it always crashes on the 'echo 'deb http://repo.insanelyi.com ios free' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insanelyi.list;'. I'll probably end up spending the $20 to get it but it's kinda lame to have to pay extra for updates. Not cool from them. Once I buy the installer, is there a way to workaround no updates after first year?

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,633 Posts

Apparently this is out of date again?

EDIT: Sorry, I'm dumb. How can I do this from Windows though?

ANOTHER EDIT: Tried running command line in WinSCP but it always crashes on the 'echo 'deb http://repo.insanelyi.com ios free' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/insanelyi.list;'. I'll probably end up spending the $20 to get it but it's kinda lame to have to pay extra for updates. Not cool from them. Once I buy the installer, is there a way to workaround no updates after first year?

Look above, you don't need the installer at all, all you need to do is ssh into your appletv from your computer or iPhone and run a couple commands.

on Windows use 'putty'

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

garrettedge

garrettedge
  • VIP
  • 39 Posts
  • Firmware:4.3.3

Look above, you don't need the installer at all, all you need to do is ssh into your appletv from your computer or iPhone and run a couple commands.

on Windows use 'putty'

Okay, awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I've never ssh'd as terminal. Only with WinSCP.

GrDr

GrDr
  • VIP
  • 3 Posts
  • Firmware:5.0.1
Hello!! I downloaded the aTV Flash(black) Beta 6 . its said

aTV Flash installer cannot proceed due to 1 or 2 things:

1. you're not connect to Internet

2. this version is out of date

Plz help

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,633 Posts

Hello!! I downloaded the aTV Flash(black) Beta 6 . its said

aTV Flash installer cannot proceed due to 1 or 2 things:

1. you're not connect to Internet

2. this version is out of date

Plz help

Post #81 of this thread.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

GrDr

GrDr
  • VIP
  • 3 Posts
#

DOCTER KILLE

DOCTER KILLE
  • VIP
  • 2,360 Posts
  • Firmware:6.0.1
What the heck? Why did you post #

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,633 Posts

#

You don't need a Mac, read back in this thread what 2 or 3 posts.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

GrDr

GrDr
  • VIP
  • 3 Posts
TNX, it's works!!! :thumbsup:

kendellrt

kendellrt

Dalek Supreme

• VIP
  • 1,000 Posts

You don't need a Mac, read back in this thread what 2 or 3 posts.

It may be prudent to make a new guide about this. The first post still have the download link to beta 6, so we all just assume that we download that file and run it. I kept screwing it up even after you had told me a couple times to just install the repo and run the commands. I don't think that most people even know how to run apt-get commands. I sure didn't until you wrote it all out for me. Another thing that would be good would be to list the applications used to ssh and the terminal commands for OS X and Windows. I'd post a guide if I knew it well enough. It may only take something as simple as removing the download link from the first post and edit that post with some new and basic instructions. Just an idea.

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,633 Posts

It may be prudent to make a new guide about this. The first post still have the download link to beta 6, so we all just assume that we download that file and run it. I kept screwing it up even after you had told me a couple times to just install the repo and run the commands. I don't think that most people even know how to run apt-get commands. I sure didn't until you wrote it all out for me. Another thing that would be good would be to list the applications used to ssh and the terminal commands for OS X and Windows. I'd post a guide if I knew it well enough. It may only take something as simple as removing the download link from the first post and edit that post with some new and basic instructions. Just an idea.

Ya, it's in the works, soon as I get a chance I will be updating the first post with a simple guide.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

kendellrt

kendellrt

Dalek Supreme

• VIP
  • 1,000 Posts
I just removed screensaver hack and before I could stop myself I uninstalled maintenance as a dependency. Back to terminal for me!

Everything seems to be working, but do you have any idea why I am getting errors like the one in the screenshot?

Attached File  Screenshot 2011-10-29 at 5.01.56 PM.JPG   101.45KB   18 downloads

kendellrt

kendellrt

Dalek Supreme

• VIP
  • 1,000 Posts
Oops! Now I do have a problem. I reinstalled aTV Flash Black using the Terminal commands from post #81, but as soon as the cursor is supposed to move to Maintenance Lowtide crashes. Any ideas? I'll start looking.

Nevermind again. It is working now. I rebooted the aTV and then restarted Lowtide and it's all good!

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,633 Posts

I just removed screensaver hack and before I could stop myself I uninstalled maintenance as a dependency. Back to terminal for me!

Everything seems to be working, but do you have any idea why I am getting errors like the one in the screenshot?

Attached File  Screenshot 2011-10-29 at 5.01.56 PM.JPG   101.45KB   18 downloads

Run the following commands to get rid of that error. So first SSH into your apple-tv

mv trusted.gpg trusted.gpg~

apt-get update

apt-get install com.sull.repoicons

Should be good to go now.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

kendellrt

kendellrt

Dalek Supreme

• VIP
  • 1,000 Posts

Run the following commands to get rid of that error. So first SSH into your apple-tv

mv trusted.gpg trusted.gpg~

apt-get update

apt-get install com.sull.repoicons

Should be good to go now.

I will do that. I think I saw you post something like that earlier somewhere. I got it to work moving the cursor to Maintenance, but now it is crashing again each time that the cursor should land on that menu. Odd.

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,633 Posts

I will do that. I think I saw you post something like that earlier somewhere. I got it to work moving the cursor to Maintenance, but now it is crashing again each time that the cursor should land on that menu. Odd.

Also to clarify only run the first mv command if your on build 8F455, if your not just skip the first command.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg