Speed Up Your iDevice and Extend Your Battery Life

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

johnsonxray

johnsonxray
  • 13 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:4.3.3
about the daemon tool..is it automatically delete the daemons or we have to key in the command in the terminal?

ramiro832

ramiro832
  • 18 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 3Gs
  • Firmware:5.1.1
Try remove lunch daemon its way better

astoriakidd

astoriakidd
  • 3 Posts
Ahhh glad I registered today. Good tips :D

phoenixmz

phoenixmz
  • 33 Posts
  • Firmware:4.3.2
one question about the demon remover does it remove all the daemons that are specified safe on the other thread? or different ones?

wljw69

wljw69

Insane Muthr 'fer

• VIP
  • 1,413 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5
  • Firmware:7.1.2
the ones that are specified are removed, they are backed up so if you need them back just uninstall and they will be back

phoenixmz

phoenixmz
  • 33 Posts
  • Firmware:4.3.2
thank you for the quick reply appreciate it

TronAtula

TronAtula
  • 11 Posts
  • Firmware:4.3
Is the daemontools safe for iphone 4 4.3?

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,749 Posts
  • Twitter:@insanelyi
  • iDevice:iPhone 6+
  • Firmware:8.1

Is the daemontools safe for iphone 4 4.3?

YEs.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

Zune Killa

Zune Killa
  • 3 Posts
  • iDevice:iPod Touch 3G
  • Firmware:4.3.3
Well, I went through the list one by one and performed each action as noted and here's my experience

1. I used backgrounder the first time I jb my device (64gb 3g iPT 4.3.3) but I have since found MultiFlow and I prefer it.

2. Just based on the description I was pretty sure I already had a tweak or tweaks installed that perform the functions listed but I went ahead and installed it anyway. Upon respring I noticed my device booted into safe mode. I've had my device for a year or two now and not at any time the first time I jb it (a month or so after getting it) or this time I jb it (2 weeks ago) has it ever done that.....until installing MyOS. Not yet convinced it wasn't just some sort of fluke I went ahead and continued on with the tweaks and every time I resprung I was in safemode. Needless to say, MyOS got the boot and I haven't resprung into safemode since. I'm not exactly sure which tweak I have that performs these functions, but i'm sure I have one cause I remember turning off voice control. I'll stick with that.

3. I love FE! Makes my iPT feel brand new again and, like someone mentioned above, I actually prefer the look when the folders open w/no background image or border. Very nice, and snappy!

4. I read through the thread first before I started doing these tweaks and noticed SI was suggested over FCU so I installed that instead. Whoa! Pretty impressive. I don't even know if there are any settings to be messed with on this tweak but I didn't even have to check for them cause the speed increase was very noticeable upon respring. Starting to fall in love with my iPT again.

5. I didn't do this cause it was something I had already disabled with a tweak already installed....I haven't bothered to find out exactly which one that is but i'm 100% sure i've already done this......Springtomize maybe???

6. Sometimes you just gotta compromise....this is one of those things that I just have to deal with. I much prefer the super clean, custom, crisp look of my custom modified theme than the speed I stand to gain by ditching it. Theme 1, Speed 0

7. Not applicable since I have an iPT

8. Installed and rebooted....the only thing I really noticed is that the round doolywad that usually occupies the center of my screen (kind of like a round cursor, that continuously cycles around and around) when I respring/reboot, was not there. It's not a big deal to me either way cause when it is there I simply swipe the screen once and it goes away.

Overall, very helpful tips here that have made my painfully slow device previously, noticeably faster and more responsive. Thanks to all who contributed to this, i'm loving my iDevice again. It's hard to believe it's the same device, I wish you could see the smile on my face.

paulgrotton

paulgrotton
  • VIP
  • 4 Posts
  • Firmware:6.1

yea it should be but that whole thing about purchasing it form the cydia store then auto quiting the app happens. makes it seem like it doesn't work lol

Sweet guide, thanks peeps!

Pos18

Pos18
  • VIP
  • 262 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5S
  • Firmware:7.0.4
Something you might wanna add on too, DePersistWifi turns off the wifi after you lock your device. I noticed it helped save a little battery, go check it out!
Hope I helped in some way, shape, or form!

Colin9001

Colin9001
  • 91 Posts
  • iDevice:iPod Touch 4
  • Firmware:5.0.1

Posted Image

Everyones devices gets a little sluggish after a bit, months and months of adding useless crap and themes and tweaks. This is a quick tutorial to help you clean out your iDevice, it's spring right? Time to do some cleaning.

Tip #1
Download the Cydia app, Backgrounder. Go into the options and have it set so that all applications will quit when you exit them. Feel free to add overrides for apps like Phone, iPod, Cydia etc. This stops you from having a whole bunch of apps running in the background when you are trying to do other things, it also frees up a lot of memory for you to use at your disposal

Tip #2

Download the Cydia app, MyOS. You can turn off the Contacts app as its already in your Phone app. Voice control can be turned off to as who really uses it? Multitasking can be switched off to, as it's a large cause of battery drain, sluggishness in iDevices.

Tip #3

Download the Cydia app, Folderenhancer. Turn off folder backgrounds and borders. Cuts out the lag when trying to open up your folders, it's pretty much instant after this.

Tip #4

Download the Cydia app, FakeClockup. And set the phone animations speed to 10x. It gives a lag-free feel to the phone, as everything is so much more faster. It will really shine when you have everything else setup.

Tip #5

I rarely ever use my spotlight search feature, so I used the Cydia app, nospot, to get rid of this. Works really well for iPhone 3G users.

Tip #6

Winterboard themes are a big memory user on your iDevice. I like to keep things somewhat simple when it comes to themes, but if I don't want it on, I take off every theme. No lock screen, no keypad theme or keyboards etc. Cutting back on the themes that have a lot of widgets helps to.

Tip #7

Auto3G is a great app that will save you a lot of battery life if you aren't a power user for texting, or gaming etc. When you shut off your phone, it sets your network to 2G and when you turn your phone back on it sets it to 3G.

Tip #8

Download the tweak from the Insanelyi repo called Daemon Tool. It automatically deletes all the Launch Daemons that are not needed by your iDevice. I recommend this package as it does not require you to SSH into your phone, and is completely automated. Don't worry about your phone, it'll be just fine.

some launch daemons are used for notifications. or does it only delete the stupid ones no one wants?
>[Till I Collapse]<

QuotePVD

QuotePVD

iOS

• VIP
  • 81 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4S
  • Firmware:5.0.1
I'll have to give FolderEnhancer a try later after class. Thanks for this!

When you disable multitasking, does that just make it so apps close automatically when you exit them? Like an iPod 2G?

c0ff33

c0ff33

Siri's Pimp

• VIP
  • 628 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5S
Colin9001 Daemon Tool is getting a big upgrade, but you already have options - if you choose the safe daemon option it will only disable the safe ones so you will be fine for notification centre etc.

QuotePVD - yes with multitasking disabled all apps shut as soon as you close them - except of course Mail, Phone and iPod.

iPhone 5s 8.0

rMBP 15" Yosemite

MBA 13" Yosemite

Mac Mini Mavericks

iPad Mini x 2, iPad 2, 4th gen iPod Touch x 2

Apple TV 3rd gen x 2, iPhone 4 and 4s

UK distributor of iCarbon skins www.phonemaniac.co.uk

Adami1097

Adami1097

Banned

• Banned
  • 340 Posts
cannnot get backgrounder to close them

Sudo

Sudo

Super Elite Member

• VIP
  • 1,342 Posts
I extracted the files from the ioverclock.deb theme and placed the com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist from the deb into system/library/systemconfiguration/powermanagement.bundle and the device has felt a bit faster.
Here is the extracted folder with the original inside
This way you just need to ssh the file instead of using winterboard and causing lag. (make a backup first)

XxJuggaloxX

XxJuggaloxX
  • 29 Posts

Tip #8

Download the tweak from the Insanelyi repo called Daemon Tool. It automatically deletes all the Launch Daemons that are not needed by your iDevice. I recommend this package as it does not require you to SSH into your phone, and is completely automated. Don't worry about your phone, it'll be just fine.

Does this work on an iPod and will it hurt it?

Mr. Android

Mr. Android

Mod God

• Staff
  • Graphics
  • 1,389 Posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/T00Sp00kyFoU

Does this work on an iPod and will it hurt it?

It wont harm your device at all no matter firmware or device you have.

XxJuggaloxX

XxJuggaloxX
  • 29 Posts

It wont harm your device at all no matter firmware or device you have.

ok :thumbsup:

HamburgerxDDD

HamburgerxDDD
  • 2 Posts
How come Auto3G crashes when i try to open it? iPhone 3GS 5.1.1

--

lol nvm >.< i didnt saw 3.x - 4.x NUUUU~

i wish they update it .