Photo

Cant access visual voicemail on my iphone4

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Daboybk

Daboybk
  • 37 Posts
For some reason I cant access visual vm on my iphone 4.

I reset network settings and just came off a fresh restore.

Any suggestions?

Guest_StonerRepo_*

Guest_StonerRepo_*
This is an issue i've seen recently all over the net. As i dont have this issue all i can suggest is doing a " Reset Network Settings" & see if that helps you. if it doesnt im sorry i dont know.

These jailbreaks of recent have gottin Crapper along the times :/ it seems 4.2.1 was the most stable now it's just all down hill.. Exploiters not looking into the issues that jb's cause is 1 issue cuz if this is a jb issue as the net sya's then the dev's of these jb's need to get on ixing it :/

Visual Voicemail is bolloxed by a popular tethering hack, which allows the iPhone to share its internet connection with a tethered computer.

“I enabled the tethering hack weeks ago when it came out,” says one commenter. “It broke visual voicemail, so I reverted it. One heck of a coincidence if everyone’s voicemail spontaneously broke the same week that a tethering hack came out that breaks visual voicemail.”

Either way, here’s a very simple fix to get Visual Voicemail back, while still enabling the tethering hack.

The popular AT&T tethering hack is easily enabled by visiting sites like BenM.at using mobile Safari. Trouble is, it changes the iPhone’s .ipcc carrier settings file and frequently disables Visual Voicemail, but not always.

To check if you’ve been affected, call your own number to access your voicemail box. If you have messages waiting, Visual Voicemail is bolloxed.

But it’s easily fixed. On the iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Reset and hit the Reset Network Settings button.

When the iPhone reboots, VVM is working again and the tethering hack still works.

Daboybk

Daboybk
  • 37 Posts

This is an issue i've seen recently all over the net. As i dont have this issue all i can suggest is doing a " Reset Network Settings" & see if that helps you. if it doesnt im sorry i dont know.

These jailbreaks of recent have gottin Crapper along the times :/ it seems 4.2.1 was the most stable now it's just all down hill.. Exploiters not looking into the issues that jb's cause is 1 issue cuz if this is a jb issue as the net sya's then the dev's of these jb's need to get on ixing it :/

Visual Voicemail is bolloxed by a popular tethering hack, which allows the iPhone to share its internet connection with a tethered computer.

“I enabled the tethering hack weeks ago when it came out,” says one commenter. “It broke visual voicemail, so I reverted it. One heck of a coincidence if everyone’s voicemail spontaneously broke the same week that a tethering hack came out that breaks visual voicemail.”

Either way, here’s a very simple fix to get Visual Voicemail back, while still enabling the tethering hack.

The popular AT&T tethering hack is easily enabled by visiting sites like BenM.at using mobile Safari. Trouble is, it changes the iPhone’s .ipcc carrier settings file and frequently disables Visual Voicemail, but not always.

To check if you’ve been affected, call your own number to access your voicemail box. If you have messages waiting, Visual Voicemail is bolloxed.

But it’s easily fixed. On the iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Reset and hit the Reset Network Settings button.

When the iPhone reboots, VVM is working again and the tethering hack still works.

tried this to no result thx for the effort

Demigod

Demigod
  • VIP
  • 67 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:5.0.1
What happens when you try?

Daboybk

Daboybk
  • 37 Posts

What happens when you try?

people call me and it leaves vm in google voice not my att voicemail

Guest_StonerRepo_*

Guest_StonerRepo_*
if you have a tethering hack installed uninstall it and reset network settings

Daboybk

Daboybk
  • 37 Posts

if you have a tethering hack installed uninstall it and reset network settings

no tehtering hack fresh jb cydia and sources only installed

Guest_StonerRepo_*

Guest_StonerRepo_*
seems like a jb issue then :/ is the visual vm there before u jb though ???

Daboybk

Daboybk
  • 37 Posts

seems like a jb issue then :/ is the visual vm there before u jb though ???

i think so but been jb since day 1 so not sure but i need it fixed now 2 receive important messages if i miss those calls. what should i do?

Guest_StonerRepo_*

Guest_StonerRepo_*
only other way to access ur voicemail is to allways call your own phone number... so any time u feel to check your messeges is to get into the habbit of checking them on the daily,,,,, have a auto dial saved to your own number itll take you to your vm always

Daboybk

Daboybk
  • 37 Posts

only other way to access ur voicemail is to allways call your own phone number... so any time u feel to check your messeges is to get into the habbit of checking them on the daily,,,,, have a auto dial saved to your own number itll take you to your vm always

all msgs go to google voice iin that regard there so i dont know