• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

baiumbg

baiumbg
  • VIP
  • 7 Posts
  • iDevice:iPod Touch 4
  • Firmware:5.0.1b2
OK. This all started after I installed H1 Siri. I did a tethered boot, it booted normally. After that, I saw that the Settings app's icon was white, so I did another tethered boot. This is where all the problems began. First it got stuck at the pineapple logo. I tried a hard-reset. After that it got stuck at the apple logo. Then I did something incredibly stupid...I chose Fix Recovery from RedSn0w. When I did that, it started re-jailbreaking or something. It froze again - this time on the screen where the jailbreaking happens - the last line said something like "Couldn't find new firmware to download...Giving up". I did another hard reset. And now I'm back at the apple logo.

P.S. iTunes stopped recognizing my iTouch after I did the second tethered boot. Neither did iFunbox, TinyUmbrella. Redsn0w did though.
P.P.S. iTouch 4G, iOS 5.0.1

highdecibels

highdecibels
  • VIP
  • 1,426 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5
  • Firmware:6.1
Well I no anything bout this so can't really help that much sorry. I'm sure I made a topic here awhile stating y no siri port would ever work 100%
If u want siri so bad get a 4s lol
I have heard nothing but problems about this h1siri like this n other ppl it's broke the camera app n other things

Posted Image

Sudo

Sudo

Super Elite Member

• VIP
  • 1,342 Posts
  • Firmware:7.1.2
I read somewhere that this is only supported on iphone 4 on ios 5.0 or 5.0.1

highdecibels

highdecibels
  • VIP
  • 1,426 Posts
Then that's his problem lol even if this port works u will never get siri 100% same as a 4s as it doesn't have same hardware

Posted Image

Sudo

Sudo

Super Elite Member

• VIP
  • 1,342 Posts
Maybe it would work on the iPad 2 cause it has the same A5 chip.

chaosz

chaosz
  • VIP
  • 247 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad 3
  • Firmware:6.0
I read that it sends your voice commands through an obscure proxy and you should probably stay away from it.
Then again...it's all hearsay.

Sudo

Sudo

Super Elite Member

• VIP
  • 1,342 Posts
There goes your private information! :whistle: Hopefully people don't have recordings of you. lol

highdecibels

highdecibels
  • VIP
  • 1,426 Posts
No it won't work on iPad it's to do with proximity sensor which no other device has same 1

http://insanelyi.com...siri-port-info/

Posted Image

baiumbg

baiumbg
  • VIP
  • 7 Posts
We'll see what happens... I made a custom IPSW with iFaith and am currently restoring with iTunes. Well, at least now I know never to try things like that :D

@Thero what do you mean by private information? Usernames, passwords etc. ?

Chris

Chris

Bazinga

• Administrator
  • 4,916 Posts
  • Twitter:@ChrisOSX
  • iDevice:Apple TV
Direct reblog from Redmond Pie http://insanelyi.com...y-questionable/
Covers that stuff.

Help insanelyi Out!

Like our repo, forum and everything that's involved? Every feature needs financial assistance to continue it's daily ongoing function. We ask you to Donate or purchase VIP whenever possible. Every little bit helps. Thank You ).gif

Personal donations can be given Here

highdecibels

highdecibels
  • VIP
  • 1,426 Posts

We'll see what happens... I made a custom IPSW with iFaith and am currently restoring with iTunes. Well, at least now I know never to try things like that :D

@Thero what do you mean by private information? Usernames, passwords etc. ?

Ye contacts emails messages etcetc what ever they want off ur device they could easily take it

Posted Image

baiumbg

baiumbg
  • VIP
  • 7 Posts
That's not good... Although I don't have any emails, messages, contacts etc. I'm still concerned about my apple ID - I've got 25+ apps bought from the Appstore.

highdecibels

highdecibels
  • VIP
  • 1,426 Posts
Ye if they steal ur apple id n password ur fucked they could start buying apps which could cost u alot of money just cos u wanted to c if this actually works lol. N ye I keep hearing on twitter bout this breaking ppls devices so I'd stay far away from this

Posted Image

baiumbg

baiumbg
  • VIP
  • 7 Posts
I'll just change my password... LOL

DOCTER KILLE

DOCTER KILLE
  • VIP
  • 2,360 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:6.0.1
All of these Siri thing aren't good because they all contain some 4s which isn't good to have for legal reasons. There's a reason why Sull took siri0us off the repo.

Just curious, was this like the 4s Siri that actually brings up data?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

baiumbg

baiumbg
  • VIP
  • 7 Posts
No idea :D Had to restore right after I installed it ...

chaosz

chaosz
  • VIP
  • 247 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad 3
  • Firmware:6.0
Found this piece of info on H1Siri. Though at the same time there are also articles that stated it works and they will move to new servers to handle the huge demand. About breaking your iPhone it is said it was about the camera not working and there is fix? Mind you I have not tested H1Siri, just posting what I read!
About your Apple ID. Let's face it, if you jailbreak you take a risk, if you add custom repos you take an even bigger risk. It's all about who do you trust in the end.

------ copy/paste -------
iPhone jailbreakers should probably stay away from the latest Siri port, dubbed H1Siri, which brings Apple’s digital assistant to the iPhone 4. The new hack comes from a group of Chinese hackers calling themselves the “CD-Dev Team.” According to the team’s account on Weibo (a Chinese microblogging service similar to Twitter), the hackers had originally wanted to just run a small test, but the code was leaked. Now their servers can’t keep up with the demand.

But beyond server unresponsiveness, there are several other good reasons to skip this hack, including the fact that it seems to break people’s phones and involves running illegal code.

H1Siri (aka, Hi Siri!), for those of you tracking the Siri-hacking space, is a different hack from the one that emerged in October and the other arriving last month.

According to iDownloadBlog, which wisely advises readers to be wary of this new port after its own tests with H1Siri failed, the new port involves the use of copyrighted binaries from the iPhone 4S. Simply put, it works because it uses illegal code. Notable iPhone hacker @chpwn (Grant Paul), confirms this.

He also points out another good reason to think carefully before installing H1Siri on your iPhone 4: it gives the software’s creators access to your personal data

DOCTER KILLE

DOCTER KILLE
  • VIP
  • 2,360 Posts
browntechx Daniel Brown
h1siri will steal your information such as location. There is a back door where they can steal your information. RETWEET MY LAST TWO TWEETS.

Source: Twitter

D3@TH

D3@TH

BANNED

• Banned
  • 1,656 Posts
Does no one learn these so called Siri ports fuck your device up not only that you can install a Siri port with a virus or something attached to it and you'd never know until it's to late

DOCTER KILLE

DOCTER KILLE
  • VIP
  • 2,360 Posts
The only thing that worked for me was Siri0us, but it was pulled for illegal reasons.