8 replies to this topic

dansaDisco

dansaDisco

Novice

• 45 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:5.0
Hey guys!
So my dad left for vacation so I have to stick around my moms house, which kinda sucks, the only thing stopping me from being at dads place is his weird Internet setup.

Basically He has a firewall where the Internet has to go thru somehow, basically when it's turnes off it doesn't work. And I can't start the firewall cause then he'll get a mail from it saying its on.

Basically the FW has 2 network cables, FW in and FW out. Both goes to the same switch which then reistributes the Internet to switches in other rooms.

I'm wondering if you guys could help me bypass this funny little box, like if it's possible to move some cables around to simply not use it.

If you need any more information to "help" me, just ask!

Please help me on this epic quest to the interwebsz :D

95R

95R

• 11 Posts
  • iDevice:iPod Touch 4
  • Firmware:4.3.3
Does this setup have any software installed on the PC itself?
I am pretty sure a complicated connection like this should be using some kind of software/driver from the PC itself, right?

Posted Image

dansaDisco

dansaDisco

Novice

• 45 Posts
The firewall software is astaro (or something like that), But as far as I know there is no "client" installed on my PC, if that's what you mean

95R

95R

• 11 Posts
  • Firmware:4.3.3
I did a search and haven't found a proper way to bypass this or disable it, the only suggestion that I found that might work is simple, unplug the cables, and just plug it in just so it will make a direct connection from the Modem/router to your PC, and if it sends a mail from unplugging too, just say something like, I must of accidentally plugged it out when I was checking if there was an open port for ____.

Posted Image

dansaDisco

dansaDisco

Novice

• 45 Posts
Yeah well kinda the problem is that we have one switch in each room, all of them connect to something labeled "trunk" which goes then goes around to the other switches.
So this means My pc and the firewall are not connected on the same switch, which makes me kinda clueless of how to reorganize the cables and where/on what switch D:

TryAngle

TryAngle

• 26 Posts
  • Firmware:5.0.1
Put a second cable in yore router so your dad won't get an e-mail that the firewall is disconnected

Although I think you can just diconnect it, because: HOW CAN IT SEND AN E-MAIL WHEN U UNPLUG IT?!!!!!

Avery

Avery

Mod God

• Staff
  • Graphics
  • 1,373 Posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/T00Sp00kyFoU
Well, if the software notices that its connection has been taken away it probably sends and email. So disconnecting it probably isn't the best way.

TryAngle

TryAngle

• 26 Posts
  • Firmware:5.0.1
How can it send an email without connection!!

Avery

Avery

Mod God

• Staff
  • Graphics
  • 1,373 Posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/T00Sp00kyFoU
The software will know if the cord for the firewall comes out so it will auto send an email when connection is reestablished by OP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users