7 replies to this topic

Trife66

Trife66

Trife666

• VIP
  • 6 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4S
  • Firmware:6.1
Here is my dilemma......I jailbroke my wife's iPhone 4s,everything was working/Cydia was working/didn't even install any packages from Cydia nor did she,,, but for some peculiar reason like every technical device she has something went wrong......so I then proceeded to doing a factory restore through iTunes. I kept receiving an error 21/error 2005 etc,,,,I appended the host file by adding (#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) rebooted> Opened up iTunes put the device in the DFU mode (black screen) and tried to restore, still I have received in error 21.... I even tried this same process using a copy of IClarified 5.0.1 ispw & received the same. I remember this whole process using the 3GS, and there was a part of the process that used IReb to exploit the device's baseband and then you could restore through iTunes, and you would not receive this error but it seems that there is no new version of iReb that supports the 4S (someone must've dropped the ball on that) I then thought maybe I can use Tinyumbrella which would help me with a lot of security issues that I was having with my iTunes signing in, but whenever running tiny umbrella with the TSS server on still received an error 2005. As you can see I have tried many things, many scenarios, some of them gotten further than others, I even came to a point where it would pass the verification but as soon as it started to restore it stopped and came back with an error. I am posting this because I feel that there's a lot of people that will run into this issue, and I haven't found the exact answer, but I will or someone in the insanely community will chime in and help out with this feel free to post.

ippo19

ippo19
  • 1 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:4.3.1

Here is my dilemma......I jailbroke my wife's iPhone 4s,everything was working/Cydia was working/didn't even install any packages from Cydia nor did she,,, but for some peculiar reason like every technical device she has something went wrong......so I then proceeded to doing a factory restore through iTunes. I kept receiving an error 21/error 2005 etc,,,,I appended the host file by adding (#74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com) rebooted> Opened up iTunes put the device in the DFU mode (black screen) and tried to restore, still I have received in error 21.... I even tried this same process using a copy of IClarified 5.0.1 ispw & received the same. I remember this whole process using the 3GS, and there was a part of the process that used IReb to exploit the device's baseband and then you could restore through iTunes, and you would not receive this error but it seems that there is no new version of iReb that supports the 4S (someone must've dropped the ball on that) I then thought maybe I can use Tinyumbrella which would help me with a lot of security issues that I was having with my iTunes signing in, but whenever running tiny umbrella with the TSS server on still received an error 2005. As you can see I have tried many things, many scenarios, some of them gotten further than others, I even came to a point where it would pass the verification but as soon as it started to restore it stopped and came back with an error. I am posting this because I feel that there's a lot of people that will run into this issue, and I haven't found the exact answer, but I will or someone in the insanely community will chime in and help out with this feel free to post.

i kept gettin error 3194, and 1013 i reinstalled itunes to an updated version still got the same error, i used red sn0ws recover fix didnt work i used tinyumbrella and it didnt work . i kept trying with tinyumbrella so what i did was instead of un-checking set cydia to host w.e it was called ( forget name) i checked it and it seemed to work i also got rid of all the apple ips such as 74.208.10.249 and the other 74 ip it gave, still didnt work until i deleted the local host one, 127.0.0.1 apple it says and it seemed to work i kept trying diff stuff and it worked for me in the end, just try some of the stuff i said here and it might work i might of been lucky no idea.

Spitfire400

Spitfire400
  • 62 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4S
  • Firmware:5.0.1
Hi Trife66,

I had to restore my 4S back to stock IPSW via iTunes as well, so I could re-jailbreak using Absinthe. I am a windows 7 user, and for me it was simply a case of creating a backup in iTunes(just in case) then shift & restore - selected stock IPSW 5.0.1 9A405. Prior to this I had deleted all lines back to the last line in hosts file being "# ::1 localhost" So in other words, delete all lines mentioning apple. Might be worth mentioning that to edit hosts file - right click on notepad and open as administrator, then file and open - windows - system 32 - drivers - etc then change text documents dropdown to all files and open hosts file - delete the lines then save. Probably re-booting pc/laptop before restore just to be sure

This may work for others, but as with many things in this world, what works for some may not work for all
It's all part of the plan...more or less

Baddgoat

Baddgoat

Baddgoat

• VIP
  • 192 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5c
  • Firmware:7.0.6
Close iTunes. Delete the windows hosts file. Reboot computer. Put device in DFU mode. Shift and restore in iTunes.

Posted Image

Itsdkinng

Itsdkinng
  • 30 Posts
You can try creating a custom ipsw bundle and put your phone in Pwned DFU mode and then restore your device! Good luck

image.jpg

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,711 Posts
  • Twitter:@insanelyi
  • iDevice:iPhone 6+
  • Firmware:8.1

You can try creating a custom ipsw bundle and put your phone in Pwned DFU mode and then restore your device! Good luck

You just replied to a spam message + this thread is a year old.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

Itsdkinng

Itsdkinng
  • 30 Posts
I was going through threads i saw this and replied!

image.jpg

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,711 Posts
  • Twitter:@insanelyi
  • iDevice:iPhone 6+
  • Firmware:8.1

I was going through threads i saw this and replied!

Its fine I saw right past that guys post and saw the spam. He's gone now :)

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg