• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
  • iDevice:iPod Touch 2G
  • Firmware:4.2.1
Redsn0w updated and it said it supported the iPod touch 2G MC/MB Model on 4.2.1, but when I attempted to do it on my 2G it did not work. I manually selected the firmware, but that failed also. I tried to do it 3 times and then gave up. It gets stuck on that exploiting screen and reboot.

Anybody experienced this? Should I keep on trying? I'm not going to use Greenp0ison because it does not work and I don't want to use Sn0wbreeze because I don't want to restore.

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad Mini
  • Firmware:7.1.2

Redsn0w updated and it said it supported the iPod touch 2G MC/MB Model on 4.2.1, but when I attempted to do it on my 2G it did not work. I manually selected the firmware, but that failed also. I tried to do it 3 times and then gave up. It gets stuck on that exploiting screen and reboot.

Anybody experienced this? Should I keep on trying? I'm not going to use Greenp0ison because it does not work and I don't want to use Sn0wbreeze because I don't want to restore.

For older devices use redsn0w 0.9.6b6. Not the most recent one. Remember to set affinity to one CPU. Run in Admin and also in XP Compatibility mode Service Pack 2. Cheers.

Donations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

btn_donate_LG.gif

CrAcKzZZ

CrAcKzZZ

~( I3 0 $ $ )~

• VIP
  • 914 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:6.1
I use it with Admin rights and XP Service Pack 3 and all is fine. I have no idea why it needs to be in compatible mode tho, thats stupid. and why does 1Hero need to use 0.9.9b6?

Posted Image

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
I need an untethered, not a tethered. Redsn0w b6 doesn't have pod2g steaks4uce(which is the unther for 2G devices MC/MB Models on 4.2.1).

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts

I need an untethered, not a tethered. Redsn0w b6 doesn't have pod2g steaks4uce(which is the unther for MC/MB Models on 4.2.1).

Just use it. It is untethered. I don't know why, but it works. It worked on my friends iPhone 3G when the newest version didn't work. You need the iPod 2G firmware for this redsn0w and you need to set affinity. Like I said just try it and thank me afterward :).

btn_donate_LG.gif

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
I have a 2nd generation, not a 3G. If nobody tested b6 on a iPod touch 2G MC Model on 4.2.1 then I won't use it.

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts

I have a 2nd generation, not a 3G. If nobody tested b6 on a iPod touch 2G MC Model on 4.2.1 then I won't use it.

Just try it!!! OMG. The iPhone 3G came out same year as iPod 2G (I think) and I am pretty damn sure it works with redsn0w0.9.6b6. If you want it jailbroken use it if you don't, don't use it -.- U had a question and I answered it. But you simply don't accept the answer.

btn_donate_LG.gif

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
That doesn't matter. It's the damn model, not the device. 2G MC Model is the only device that's a pain in the ass to jailbreak.

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts

That doesn't matter. It's the damn model, not the device. 2G MC Model is the only device that's a pain in the ass to jailbreak.

O.o sorry lol I misread the MC model part. I jailbroke my friends MC model with Greenpois0n RC5 and now there is RC6.1 Greenpois0n worked fine for me and you should try it again. Maybe download RC5 or something to see if that works. Also follow this if you have problems http://www.jailbreak...questions#33266 it should work even if it doesn't work the first time.

btn_donate_LG.gif

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
I tried using Greenpois0n a couple of times, but it failed. :/

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts

I tried using Greenpois0n a couple of times, but it failed. :/

Ya, try connecting your device to a high-speed port than try again. Greenpois0n doesn't always work but it should work. I did my friends iPod 2g MC with it.

btn_donate_LG.gif

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
I'll try it later...

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
Someone link me Greenpois0n rc5. I tried visiting the Greenpois0n.com, but it only had rc6. I don't trust the other sites.

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts
http://insanelyi.com...y-updated-site/ Sorry the site has adf.ly links but I can't change it I dont have anything with the site. But I still find it very useful and trustworthy.

btn_donate_LG.gif

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
It gave me rc6 when I tried downloading rc5. :/

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
It didn't work. I might try Snowbreeze later on.

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts
Sorry I couldn't help :/

btn_donate_LG.gif

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
Jailbroke my MC model with Sn0wbreeze. I might do it again. I accidentally restored from iTunes backup. My backup didn't have anything backed up though. So when it restored my device it gave me nothing. Will my device battery life still drain even though it restored nothing?

1Hero

1Hero
  • VIP
  • 1,065 Posts
Y U PEOPLE BUM?! I restored my device and jailbroke with Sn0breeze again.

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts

I don't want to use Sn0wbreeze because I don't want to restore.

Maybe that's why O.o

btn_donate_LG.gif