18 replies to this topic

aurrum

aurrum

Photographer - GrphxDesigner

• VIP
  • 637 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5S
  • Firmware:7.0.4
Just wanted to ask, seeing that you can now downgrade from 5.1.1 all the way down to 4.3.3 is it possible to do a clean restore with your SHSH blobs?
I

iPhone 4s 64GB 5.0.1.

Use iFaith I think to cook the 5.0.1 firmware with your saved shsh blobs, then itunes restore?

aurrum

aurrum

• VIP
  • 637 Posts
Also, is it possible to use someone elses SHSH blob to do a restore? A friends phone who wasn't jailbroken updated to 5.1.1 and was wondering if he could downgrade at all. From my limited knowledge I think he can't, but just want to confirm :)

Rev0l2ti0n

Rev0l2ti0n
  • VIP
  • 247 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5
  • Firmware:2.0
1. Check out the blog, there's a tutorial or just google it
2.Nope

48061.gif42239.gif

46674.gif42786.gif

RypeDub

RypeDub
  • Platinum
  • 2,257 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad 4
  • Firmware:7.1.2
You need RedSn0w or TinyUmbrella to have saved the SHSH Blobs, iFaith has completely different SHSH Blobs.
(they are all ultimately the SHSH Blobs for your device on that firmware, but iH8sn0w's are just packaged differently)

If Cydia has the 5.0.1 blobs, then you can do a restore. It will be stock, unless you go back and run a jailbreak after downgrading.
If This Post Helped You, Please Make Sure To
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

The Elite

The Elite
  • VIP
  • 3,098 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad Mini
Use tiny umbrella. I tried with redsn0w and i faith and after several restores for both I was in a recovery loop. May be only my problem though. For me both redsn0w and i faith worked for sign/stitching the firmwares. Also before you restore open tiny umbrella and check set hosts to cydia on exit. Than exit tiny umbrella. Than go into pwned dfu mode with redsn0w. It should work perfectly. Cheers :)

Donations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

btn_donate_LG.gif

aurrum

aurrum

• VIP
  • 637 Posts
Awesome guys I'll try this out after work :). Gonna re jailbreak, just want to do a clean restore. Feel like the phones feeling a tad sluggish ^_^
I'll get back to you all if any problems! Ta!! <3

Chris

Chris

Bazinga

• Administrator
  • 4,945 Posts
  • Twitter:@ChrisOSX
  • iDevice:Apple TV
I didn't see anybody mention that it's NOT possible for a 4s to go to 4.3.3. As that device never came with that firmware. Unless some new magic trick came out recently.

As for normal downgrading you can follow this blog guide. How To Downgrade.

Help insanelyi Out!

Like our repo, forum and everything that's involved? Every feature needs financial assistance to continue it's daily ongoing function. We ask you to Donate or purchase VIP whenever possible. Every little bit helps. Thank You ).gif

Personal donations can be given Here

CrAcKzZZ

CrAcKzZZ

~( I3 0 $ $ )~

• VIP
  • 914 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:6.1
lol good point Chris and i found that iFaith was the best solution, worked for me everytime, i never had problems with redsn0w either. Btw you dont need to Start TSS server or change hosts to Cydia if you are doing a restore with signed IPSW.

Posted Image

RypeDub

RypeDub
  • Platinum
  • 2,257 Posts

lol good point Chris and i found that iFaith was the best solution, worked for me everytime, i never had problems with redsn0w either. Btw you dont need to Start TSS server or change hosts to Cydia if you are doing a restore with signed IPSW.

LOL you don't need TinyUmbrella for that. I said you only need it to check for the Blobs.

RedSn0w stitches the 5.0.1 firmware when you do a restore.

What it does is update you to 5.1.1, then stitch 5.0.1 into 5.0.1, then restore back down to 5.0.1
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

Torayem

Torayem
  • 2 Posts
no one mentioned also that as far i know , even if you want to restore to the same ios your on ( 5.0.1 to 5.0.1) becarefull if you are using gevey or sam unlocking tool , as restoring will get you to the newer baseband , as restoring using new method has to go first to the higher ios then go back to older, who know i might be wrong , correct me if i am

Iphone 4s 5.0.1

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,712 Posts
  • Twitter:@insanelyi
  • iDevice:iPhone 6+
  • Firmware:8.1
Uhh guys wakeup please!!!! OP is asking about a 4S, the only way to restore that device to 5.0.1 is with the new redsn0w, SHSH blobs are of course needed, next you'll need firmware 5.0.1 and firmware 5.1.1, the device will be restored to 5.1.1 and then will be restored to 5.0.1, that's why there is warming regarding unlock, if you require unlock you won't want to do this because your baseband will be updated to the latest included in 5.1.1

There is no switching with the 4S.

@Torayem, You are correct, just like it says on the dev team blog.

Any wanting to know how to restore their iPhone 4S to 5.0.1 can read this post here http://blog.iphone-d...622159/5x-redux The link chris provided is good and correct :)

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

aurrum

aurrum

• VIP
  • 637 Posts
So, for this to work, I need to update my 4s to 5.1.1 then downgrade to 5.0.1. Reason I want to restore is my Music App is glitching despite me removing most of my tweaks. So figured it'll be a good idea to do a clean restore.

I'm not fussed about the unlock, I'm with the carrier anyway and don't think I'll be leaving any time soon so thanks for the heads up about the unlock.

So to make things clear, in the 'How to Downgrade' tutorial, on step 6 it says to load up the firmware you want to downgrade to then to load up 5.1.1. Do I just load up 5.0.1 for both of them or should I update to 5.1.1 then follow the steps? I have my blobs saved locally also cydia says it's saved too.

"You have saved your iPhone4S 5.1 (9B179) SHSH locally and the request was sent to CYDIA. This means that CYDIA DOES have your SHSH. Do NOT bug semaphore about the Cydia home page showing this version." Don't have a clue what semaphore is =/

My apologizes for the step by step guidance. Don't want to restore and not be able to re-jailbreak.. =/

Update
okay so I did try it, and it asked for 5.1.1. So I'm assuming it does need it. I'm downloading it now to see if it'll work despite my iPhone not on that firmware. 35mins to download @ 353kB/s =(.

Edited by aurrum, 15 May 2012 - 04:49 AM.

RypeDub

RypeDub
  • Platinum
  • 2,257 Posts
You don't need your 5.1.1, you need your 5.0.1
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

aurrum

aurrum

• VIP
  • 637 Posts
okay it seems like I have no clue what I'm doing.

tiny umbrella is saying that I'm on 5.1. I understand why it saying this but I thought I changed it. (the whole iPhoto app and tricking the iphone to thinking its on 5.1). Its saying it saved it for 5.1 now and when I go to 'build signed firmware' in iFaith it gives me some error that I can choose to ignore and continue or just quit.

Do I just go as standard to restore this iphone? TU, TSSserver, PWND DFU mode, itunes restore?

Edit:
Okay so seeing that it's saving my 5.1 blobs.. how do I fix this?

Edited by aurrum, 15 May 2012 - 06:33 AM.

aurrum

aurrum

• VIP
  • 637 Posts
so iFaith saying that my iphone isn't supported for getting my blobs.. ugh. I have no clue what I'm doing.. well, no clue how to continue to restore on 5.0.1 =(

Chris

Chris

Bazinga

• Administrator
  • 4,945 Posts
  • Twitter:@ChrisOSX
  • iDevice:Apple TV
Just follow that link I posted on our blog. It walks you through the steps. However you WILL need both stock firmwares for 5.0.1 and 5.1.1

Can get the fw here http://theiphonewiki...?title=Firmware

Blog article here http://insanelyi.com...ow-to-tutorial/

Follow the steps and you'll be fine :D Assuming you have the blobs saved.

Help insanelyi Out!

Like our repo, forum and everything that's involved? Every feature needs financial assistance to continue it's daily ongoing function. We ask you to Donate or purchase VIP whenever possible. Every little bit helps. Thank You ).gif

Personal donations can be given Here

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,712 Posts
Thats correct you need both 5.0.1 and 5.1.1 firmware to be able to downgrade to 5.0.1.

Chris link explains all :)

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

marrylinedan

marrylinedan
  • 4 Posts
I manage to factory restore to 5.0.1, but the process was less than flawless. I haven't had any problems since, but I accept no responsibility if this screws things up later 

I started by stitching a custom IPSW in redsn0w using an SHSH blob I saved in TinyUmbrella. Then I went into iTunes and tried to restore using this IPSW while connected to Cydia's server.

About midway through this, I got an error, so I tried to kick the iPhone out of recovery using TinyUmbrella's Fix Recovery/Exit Recovery options. All this did was drop the phone into an endless reboot.

Thinking I just bricked my phone, as a last-ditch effort before restoring to 5.1 I used redsn0w's Recovery Fix utility. After letting it do its thing, surprisingly, I had a fresh 5.0.1 install.

Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup Files

It worked for me.

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 19,712 Posts

I manage to factory restore to 5.0.1, but the process was less than flawless. I haven't had any problems since, but I accept no responsibility if this screws things up later

I started by stitching a custom IPSW in redsn0w using an SHSH blob I saved in TinyUmbrella. Then I went into iTunes and tried to restore using this IPSW while connected to Cydia's server.

About midway through this, I got an error, so I tried to kick the iPhone out of recovery using TinyUmbrella's Fix Recovery/Exit Recovery options. All this did was drop the phone into an endless reboot.

Thinking I just bricked my phone, as a last-ditch effort before restoring to 5.1 I used redsn0w's Recovery Fix utility. After letting it do its thing, surprisingly, I had a fresh 5.0.1 install.

It worked for me.

Again why are you replying to old threads giving bad advice. If you are not familiar with the restore process of different models please refrain from posting. This topic is from may and restoring has significantly changed, plus the only way to restore a 4s is either to the latest firmware or a 5.x re-restore. Really not sure what you are on about your custom stitched firmware.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg