Photo

[SOLVED] [Help] [Windows] RedSn0w 0.9.11b4 - "Error With SHSH Blobs" When trying to Fetch SHSH Blobs From Device

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5S
  • Firmware:7.1
[SOLVED]
RedSn0w ONLY Submits SHSH Blobs to Cydia's Server that are currently being signed.
[SOLVED]

Firewall and Anti Virus are turned off, rebooted while off.

Internet connection hardwired to modem, not a router.

Why am I getting this error?

I'm trying to Fetch the 5.0.1 SHSH Blobs off my device because Cydia deosn't have them.

I JailBroke AFTER the signing window.

But when ever I go into DFU mode, and then Fetch Blobs, it just says: "Error With SHSH Blobs".

If it's because RedSn0w ONLY can save Currently Being Signed SHSH Blobs like Tiny Umbrella then they should just take out that feature!!!

I will also be greatly pissed that MuscleNerd AND / OR (idk who's decision this is) doesn't allow iH8Sn0w's iFaith SHSH Blobs to be saved in Cydia, and to be used with RedSn0w for Stitching.

I want ONE program to do all of my functions, from a official source, NOT using 3, 3rd party apps.
If This Post Helped You, Please Make Sure To
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

Persephone

Persephone

Novice

• 67 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:5.1.1

You cannot downgrade without the personalized SHSH blobs for your device at that lower firmware. You need to have fetched those blobs while the signing window was open, using either Cydia’s built-in TSS@Home feature, or with TinyUmbrella. The new Restore screen of redsn0w lets you choose either the remote blobs or local ones (for the earlier firmware).

From that it seems like it's OK to use the Cydia saved blobs in redsn0w.
Περσεφόνη
Κασσάνδρα Αλεξάνδρᾱ
Avatar/photo artwork by © Cris Ortega

Maskerade

Maskerade

˜”*°•i•°*”˜

• VIP
  • Tester
  • 2,978 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad Mini
  • Firmware:7.0.4

Firewall and Anti Virus are turned off, rebooted while off.

Internet connection hardwired to modem, not a router.

Why am I getting this error?

If it's because RedSn0w ONLY can save Currently Being Signed SHSH Blobs like Tiny Umbrella then they should just take out that feature!!!

I will also be greatly pissed that MuscleNerd AND / OR (idk who's decision this is) doesn't allow iH8Sn0w's iFaith SHSH Blobs to be saved in Cydia, and to be used with RedSn0w for Stitching.

I want ONE program to do all of my functions, from a official source, NOT using 3, 3rd party apps.

Which firmware blobs are the errors appearing on?
Donations would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

Posted Image

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts
Read the text under my name to the left, or click on my UserName and check out my profile.
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

Persephone

Persephone

Novice

• 67 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 4
  • Firmware:5.1.1
you're going to have to be more specific about what you're doing when you get the error. I just downloaded b4 and it says that you have to put the iPhone in DFU mode to fetch the blobs from Cydia to stitch on the IPSW. Do you get an error then?

but besides that you're probably better off asking in the comments section on the iPhone dev blog, since it's their software, and b4 is absolutely brand new.
Περσεφόνη
Κασσάνδρα Αλεξάνδρᾱ
Avatar/photo artwork by © Cris Ortega

Maskerade

Maskerade

˜”*°•i•°*”˜

• VIP
  • Tester
  • 2,978 Posts
  • iDevice:iPad Mini
  • Firmware:7.0.4

Read the text under my name to the left, or click on my UserName and check out my profile.

I was just making sure.
Donations would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

Posted Image

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts
I'm trying to FETCH the SHSH Blobs currently on the Device and Submit them to Cydia's Server.

I guess no one uses google any more (yes I used it too, but couldn't find an answer) to discover where that error can be caused.

Moving on: now you show know where I'm at, what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, and what device/firmware I'm doing it on.
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

iShoppell

iShoppell

Insane Muthr' fer

• 885 Posts
  • iDevice:iPhone 5
I keep getting errors every freaking time I try to downgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.0.1!! I have my blobs saved to cydia, I have ma hosts edited I've stitched my ipsw from the cydia server and every freaking time I get error (1) or error (1600)!!! WTF!!!! Sorry just venting...:/
Posted Image

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts
This thread is NOT about downgrading, it's about obtaing blobs already on the device.

Please post in a different thread!
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 18,394 Posts
  • Twitter:@insanelyi
  • Firmware:7.0.6
This has got to be the most useless thread. Where is this so called error ?

@iShoppell To downgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.0.1 you have to be restoring to a IPSW with blobs stitched, pointing your hosts file isn't going to do anything. Error 1 you should be able to kick out of recovery mode with redsn0w.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts
I would down rep you if I could....

Re-read my 1st post, updated it.

I obviously wasn't specific enough.
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

Chris

Chris

Bazinga

• Administrator
  • 4,857 Posts
  • Twitter:@ChrisOSX
Blobs are only saved when the signing window is open. If you weren't able to save them during that point, there is no way to save them now.

If Cydia never saved them your SOL......If you never ran Tiny Umbrella to save them locally, your SOL.

Help insanelyi Out!

Like our repo, forum and everything that's involved? Every feature needs financial assistance to continue it's daily ongoing function. We ask you to Donate or purchase VIP whenever possible. Every little bit helps. Thank You ).gif

Personal donations can be given Here

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 18,394 Posts
no iFaith and redsn0w have the ability to dump your current firmwares SHSH blobs after the signing window has been closed.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts
Well then Sull: why am I getting the error?

@Chris: I'm gonna go with your answer: RedSn0w can ONLY fetch & serve Cydia with SHSH Blobs that are currently being signed.
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

Chris

Chris

Bazinga

• Administrator
  • 4,857 Posts
  • Twitter:@ChrisOSX

no iFaith and redsn0w have the ability to dump your current firmwares SHSH blobs after the signing window has been closed.

Ah yah I forgot about the dumping process. I'm not too familiar with those steps, so I can't really chime in on that.

Help insanelyi Out!

Like our repo, forum and everything that's involved? Every feature needs financial assistance to continue it's daily ongoing function. We ask you to Donate or purchase VIP whenever possible. Every little bit helps. Thank You ).gif

Personal donations can be given Here

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 18,394 Posts

Well then Sull: why am I getting the error?

@Chris: I'm gonna go with your answer: RedSn0w can ONLY fetch & serve Cydia with SHSH Blobs that are currently being signed.

If you have an A4 device, when you use the 'Fetch' feature in redsn0w your current firmwares SHSH blobs will be dumped. Do some research please. This of course does not work on iPad 2 or 4S because of no bootrom exploit. Just because your getting an error doesn't mean this feature doesn't work, it has worked fine for me.

Use the 'Query' feature and see what blobs are pulled from Cydia.

Also you may not want to use the latest redsn0w beta for this because as the dev team said it has a lot of new code and can be buggy, use an older version to Fetch ok try that.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts
iFaith CAN dump no longer saved blobs, but only saves them to iH8sn0w's server, NOT Cydia's.

He says that MuscleNerd / Saurik (I don't remember which one) doesn't like him cause they are just 2 different people, so for now:

RedSn0w / Cydia will NEVER save / host iFaith SHSH Blobs, making RedSn0w NEVER able to use iFaith SHSH Blobs to stitch to ipsw's.

This is why I want RedSn0w to save the blobs.

If you have an A4 device, when you use the 'Fetch' feature in iTunes your current firmwares SHSH blobs will be dumped. Do some research please. This of course does not work on iPad 2 or 4S because of no bootrom exploit. Just because your getting an error doesn't mean this feature doesn't work, it has worked fine for me.

Use the 'Query' feature and see what blobs are pulled from Cydia.

Also you may not want to use the latest redsn0w beta for this because as the dev team said it has a lot of new code and can be buggy, use an older version to Fetch ok try that.

iTunes can dump blobs?
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

Boss

Boss

• Administrator
  • 18,394 Posts

iFaith CAN dump no longer saved blobs, but only saves them to iH8sn0w's server, NOT Cydia's.

He says that MuscleNerd / Saurik (I don't remember which one) doesn't like him cause they are just 2 different people, so for now:

RedSn0w / Cydia will NEVER save / host iFaith SHSH Blobs, making RedSn0w NEVER able to use iFaith SHSH Blobs to stitch to ipsw's.

This is why I want RedSn0w to save the blobs.

iTunes can dump blobs?

meant redsn0w.

I dont care about that dev drama, I understand what you want done lol, just try older redsn0w to fetch, also try what I said above to be sure Cydia don't have your blobs.... it'll pull whatever you have and you'll have them locally. Switch USB ports too or reboot that usually fixes any issues I ever have.

1393981567__qxqe5w.jpg

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts
KK I'll try an older version and different USB ports.
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

RypeDub

RypeDub

Ultimate

• Platinum
  • 2,219 Posts

... Where is this so called error ? ...

Just tried rebooting, dif USB port, 0.9.10b8b, same error:

"One or more blobs rejected by the Cydia server.
Cydia server refused blobs pulled from this device."

Cydia does NOT have 5.0.1 blobs: I jailbroke AFTER the signing window.
Click On The "Green
Posted Image Button"

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users