43 posts in this topic

Ok, so my problem is that I have a jailbroken Iphone 3G iOS 4.2.1 and I am trying to get the popular Instagram app. The thing thats in my way though is that the versions that are on the official app store, installous, and appcake all only support ios 4.3 or higher, my device will only support the Instagram v2.5.0 or lower. The Iphone 3G can not update past ios 4.2.1, that means i can not get the newer versions on my idevice so I am wondering if anyone out there knows a way that I could get a WORKING version of instagram on my idevice? I really need this app, ive tried many ipa links found online but all of them seem to crash when installed and ready to use. Much appreciated thank you.

Hi, I think it's time for an update :) you can get the iPhone 4 for free from apple with a 2 year contract. With iPhone 4, you can update to the newest iOS and get it :) but for 3G, I'm sorry to say that I don't think Instagram was ever supported for your phone.

Instagram actually had a version for my phone because I had it before the newer updates but the app got deleted by accident and I couldn't get it back since the newer versions supported iOS 4.3+. The version that could be used on iOS 4.2.1 is v2.5.0 so I'm looking for a cracked ipa.

Do you have that IPA on your computer backed up via iTunes. I would check that.

Sadly no I don't have the ipa :(

When i download this it i changed the .zip to .ipa and in installed fine but it doesnt work. the app repeatedly crashes upon opening?

did you unzip it

did you unzip it

i will try unzipping it now, how do i do this?

On computer, right click and it should say unzip or something.

On idevice, tap it and it should say unacheive.

On computer, right click and it should say unzip or something.

On idevice, tap it and it should say unacheive.

Well theres an option that says extract all, do i click that? And what do i do after this?

Well theres an option that says extract all, do i click that? And what do i do after this?

Yes

Yes

ok i extracted it, now i have a new folder. what do i do next?

Yes, you should have a you should have a new folder with the same name.

Yes, you should have a you should have a new folder with the same name.

Now what do i do with the new folder?

Double click and the ipa should be in that folder.

Double click and the ipa should be in that folder.

i dont see an ipa? i have the options of payload, itunesartwork, and itunesmetadata.plist

i dont see an ipa? i have the options of payload, itunesartwork, and itunesmetadata.plist

Werid, you just extraced the app. Those are the files itside a app. Can you that a screenshot of the folder because link isn't working.

Werid, you just extraced the app. Those are the files itside a app. Can you that a screenshot of the folder because link isn't working.

how do i screen shot on the computer? and you want it of thhe folder before i did anything to it?

To screenshot on PC press PrtSc. But instead, just drag the .ipa into iTunes. Or use the AppIn feature in iFunbox and click the ipa. Cheers :D

To screenshot on PC press PrtSc. But instead, just drag the .ipa into iTunes. Or use the AppIn feature in iFunbox and click the ipa. Cheers :D

Thanks for the tip there. My problem is I dont know if I'm just suppose to rename the zip to an ipa and just install? I tried what I just said AND I installed using ifunbox, it installed fine but when I go to open the app it just keeps on crashing? What do I do to get the app working?

Hmm... Try using the iTunes method. You must have AppSync installed.

Thanks for the tip. When I downloaded the attachment I renamed it from zip to ipa and then I installed using ifunbox and it synced fine but the app crashes when I open it? Please help me fix this crashing

Hmm... Try using the iTunes method. You must have AppSync installed.

I have appsync installed, explain the itunes method?

Drag the .ipa into iTunes. Then drag the .ipa in the Apps tab in iTunes onto your iDevice.