danesusername

DB How to upload a theme?

9 posts in this topic

I created a Dreamboard theme, but I have no clue how to upload it to the repo. Can someone give me a step-by-step procedure?

On the top right you should see cydia, click that and you will see submit.

Alright, I've gotten that far now. How do I create download and screenshot links? I'm really new to the game, so you might have to treat me like a two year old.

Alright, I've gotten that far now. How do I create download and screenshot links? I'm really new to the game, so you might have to treat me like a two year old.

take your theme and zip it, usually right click the folder and choose compress. Then you can browse to that file from the uploader. 

screenshots you can use the uploader to attach some screenshots. 

Let me know if you need more help.

take your theme and zip it, usually right click the folder and choose compress. Then you can browse to that file from the uploader. 

screenshots you can use the uploader to attach some screenshots. 

Let me know if you need more help.

I got it zipped and everything, but the file size ended up being around 8MB and the max file size for the uploader is 5MB. What way is there around this? I know I've downloaded themes before that are 20+MB.

I got it zipped and everything, but the file size ended up being around 8MB and the max file size for the uploader is 5MB. What way is there around this? I know I've downloaded themes before that are 20+MB.

If your theme is over the size the uploader allows you'll need to use one of the suggested file hosts on the submit form :) 

u can use http://www.mediafire.com/ to upload your files....

If your theme is over the size the uploader allows you'll need to use one of the suggested file hosts on the submit form :)

u can use http://www.mediafire.com/ to upload your files....

Wow, I didn't even notice the file hosts on top. I think I got it figured out. Thanks for the help! I'll let you know if I run into any more roadblocks.

It's up! Thanks for your help you guys!! :laughing: