KB13

How can Encrypting Shell Scripts "preinst, postinst, prerm, postrm" ?

98 posts in this topic

Hello friend's I'm New here :) 

so ineed help about Encrypting Scripts "preinst, postinst, prerm, postrm" for my Debian Package 

i know make the script or type it but ineed to  Encrypt it that no one can see the script command's  :D

i try shc but aftere  Encrypt  to binery the script didn't work :( 

if someone know how to encrypt the script without Password ..!!! please tell me 

i have 2 script's that encrypted by someone and i contact with him but he didn't tell me how can i do like him 

this some example of the script's that encrypted 

preinst.txt

prerm.txt

some pic's 

http://im57.gulfup.com/pXwNet.png

http://im57.gulfup.com/Rk6vox.png

**Note** :- I have both of windows and Linux if the work need 

Thank's :D

What language are your *inst scripts written in ?

I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

Well I don't think the terminology is correct. Build the *inst scripts with theos, compiled code vs interpreted code. That's why I ask what language :p

you probably weren't using the right flags in shc, but people can decrypt that as well, so I don't recommend putting some secret information on them lol

Script's are writing in bash ..

This impossible to encrypt bash script ?

Or how can do that !

Script's are writing in bash ..

This impossible to encrypt bash script ?

Or how can do that !

Bash is interpreted code. You can't really do what you want other than with SHC and that you can get the source of the script easily.

Bash is interpreted code. You can't really do what you want other than with SHC and that you can get the source of the script easily.

i didn't want of the script just i want how can i encrypt my script like it 

Lol even that page says not to encrypt your script and to find different methods to achieve what you want to do.

You can't properly prevent access to the plaintext version of a script since sh needs to execute a plaintext file in order to run, it can't run encrypted things (well I guess if you provide the public and private keys)

But there are hundreds of methods to get the plain text file out of any deb. One of them and the most common, is you can simply run the installer on the deb and ask for what the script was doing / outputting.

Bam plain text.

If you can provide a deb that I can install on my phone that has encrypted scripts, I'm pretty sure a number of us could obtain the plaintext version.

True we can't extract the plaintext right out of the actual *inst/rm file but because of the way Debian and installers work it's pretty simple and easy.

i didn't want of the script just i want how can i encrypt my script like it 

What you are looking for is called theos. Compiled code. that's what the examples are written in the first post. 

shc will do squat.  

How can i learn thoes to write script's ?

You'll need to learn how to write C and Objective-C. 

What is the purpose of these scripts, why are you trying to hide the code, help us understand ?

I wanna hide code just for security for my script's that no one can see the code or change it .. Can i use bash script in thoes ? Or i should write C .

I wanna hide code just for security for my script's that no one can see the code or change it .. Can i use bash script in thoes ? Or i should write C .

Bash is interpreted code C is compiled code so yes you'd need to use C, Objective-C etc.

for security, explain this though, what are you trying to accomplish, a tweak or .... what exactly ?

i mean that no one can steal the tweak that if some one steal my tweak can't see the code in the script

i try again SHC but it make my script didn't work

i mean that no one can steal the tweak that if some one steal my tweak can't see the code in the script

like boss said, it would be easy to see the contents either way

use shc -r -f

If Brc was here he could tell you exactly how to do this.

that's exactly how you do it -.-, I've done it before

Why, anyone can run shc -h (help) and figure out how to use the cmd or they can ask here in which they are.. These posts really are not necessary, they are here for help not this crap.

After using shc -r -f on your script you'll need to sign yourscript.x with ldid -S

Do you have everything installed you need for shc?

So your asking a site that specializes in obtaining tweaks that cost money how to secure your tweak?

It's not going to happen lol

No matter what you do, unless you have real implications and desires, your tweak is going to be able to be copied and redistributed with or without your permission on any number of sites.

Contact the guys who make Intelli tweaks, I don't think we've been able to steal those for quite sometime.

like boss said, it would be easy to see the contents either way

use shc -r -f

i used shc -f ! 

who is brc ?!

Why, anyone can run shc -h (help) and figure out how to use the cmd or they can ask here in which they are.. These posts really are not necessary, they are here for help not this crap.

After using shc -r -f on your script you'll need to sign yourscript.x with ldid -S

what !? sign script ?  ldid -S