brc0703

Guide For Mobile Terminal Commands

89 posts in this topic

awesome, thanks for this =D. Always wanted to do more technical stuff with the iPhone :)

Thanks for taking the time to make this.. I've seen lots of post referring to MT so its nice to know the basics.

Love basic commands for making super simple apps. Like executing (exec) a patch to a game or an /Application/ to call text or open any URL (which also creates multiple shortcuts to apps (; ) etc

ill work on those next update i do i was already working on this last on and didnt see your post... but just added some new stuff so go see if anythings new to you

holy crap i was working on that for an hour... and just added from dpkg - reboot.. damn no wonder everyone gives me shit for being on this thing that felt like 20 minutes

and i hate the way that crap doesnt line up the same posted as it does when your writing it.. no im not drunk and no im not cross eyed

awesome it works for you too.. what device is that?i touch 3gen?

correct myself 2gen.. thought it said shutterclick -1

dammit you quoted my before i changed it so now i look like i changed it after...

awesome it works for you too.. what device is that?i touch 3gen?

iPod 2G

thanks for the guide, it's great to be able to learn something like this

Dude thank you so much for posting this, i was looking for something like this to get me started with really understanding terminal but was too scared to just start trying random commands.

Not a big terminal user, but this def helps.... :)

Not a big terminal user, but this def helps.... :)

I never got into it on mac becaue i only became a mac user about 3 years ago. But got a crap load of experience with that type interface from when MS-DOS was the only way to do anything lol.

I was sitting in my Information systems class and my professor was one of the people who coded for bell labs back in the day. He said when they started building the first main frames they did this one instillation that cost 10,000/month to rent and it had 32k (no not mb, but K!) ram and ran on 2 cylinders about the size of washing machines that housed 5 wheels of disc space totaling 10mb.. Its unreal how far technology has come.

Sorry for the slight tangent just made me think of the old days!

i added a little bit more to this guide so just bringing it up to the recent posts

wow. i always wanted to learn how to do this. super helpful. thanks a lot!

To brc0703, If I use 'apt-get autoremove' do i have to put the app name also or just run it the way it is?

To brc0703, If I use 'apt-get autoremove' do i have to put the app name also or just run it the way it is?

just run 'apt-get autoremove' and it will list the packages to remove and just type 'y' to remove them.. read what it lists though cuz it may want to remove something you still want.. if you dont know what it is then you probably dont need it

This is my fav post!

brc can u add more stuff? please?

yeah ive learned a bit more since last time i added to this thread... ill add something to it

for you hard core linux users out there, you can use "sudo" you just have to install the package called sudo in cydia. once installed, open ifile, navigate to /etc, open the file sudoers in text viewer,and add the text 'mobile ALL=(ALL) ALL' (without quotes) under 'root ALL=(ALL) ALL'. respring, and enjoy sudo

for you hard core linux users out there, you can use "sudo" you just have to install the package called sudo in cydia. once installed, open ifile, navigate to /etc, open the file sudoers in text viewer,and add the text 'mobile ALL=(ALL) ALL' (without quotes) under 'root ALL=(ALL) ALL'. respring, and enjoy sudo

isnt that unsafe to do? removes password security then anything can run as root without your knowledge on your device by simply running 'sudo'...

Hey umm way is a good code to put in mobile terminal

^ go back and read what you wrote... Doesn't make sense to me ?

Ow ha sorry I really am new to mobile terminal what kinda codes could I add that are worth it

Ow ha sorry I really am new to mobile terminal what kinda codes could I add that are worth it

If you don't know what mobileterminal is there is not really any reason for you to be using it. If you want to learn you can look up bash commands.