ShinigamiH4ck3r

accidently deleted the dpkg file in usr/bin...

36 posts in this topic

So yea, i accidently deleted file. The consequence, cant install, remove, upgrade anything. Help?? Do i reinstall cydia, do i rejailbreak, can someone simply send me that file?? how do i fix

tell me the filename ?

tell me the filename ?

the file is named dpkg and is located in the usr/bin

chown root:wheel /usr/bin/dpkg

chmod 0755 /usr/bin/dpkg

http://cl.ly/7oD2

much appreciated , i will now crate a backup of everything just in case lol

I couldnt download the file on my iPhone. Could you upload it to another server please? Thanks

I couldnt download the file on my iPhone. Could you upload it to another server please? Thanks

you cannot download on iPhone unless you have Safari Download Manager installed.

Link works fine.

chown root:wheel /usr/bin/dpkg

chmod 0755 /usr/bin/dpkg

http://cl.ly/7oD2

hey sull i deleted the whole usr/bin folder and now i cant use sbsettings, bitesms, etc. any ideas?

you cannot download on iPhone unless you have Safari Download Manager installed.

Link works fine.

You can download the file with a free download app from the appstore, than enable Application Names in iFile settings. Than navigate to /var/mobile/Applications than click the name of the download app. And the downladed files are usually saved in the documents folder.

hey sull i deleted the whole usr/bin folder and now i cant use sbsettings, bitesms, etc. any ideas?

Find someone to upload the files or you'll need to restore your device.

Find someone to upload the files or you'll need to restore your device.

can i use anybodys bin files or does it depend on the tweaks uve installed

can i use anybodys bin files or does it depend on the tweaks uve installed

i can upload mine if it will help u

i can upload mine if it will help u

yes please if its not too much trouble, thanks heaps man hope it works

Did you try reinstalling cydia, core utilities and core utilities (/bin)? See if that fixes the issue. You might need to click expert in cydia instead of simple. If no one has a solution, you need to restore and rejailbreak.

bin folder

https://rapidshare.com/files/2702181352/bin.rar

Did you try reinstalling cydia, core utilities and core utilities (/bin)? See if that fixes the issue. You might need to click expert in cydia instead of simple. If no one has a solution, you need to restore and rejailbreak.

thanks for the suggestion but i cant reinstall anything since respring doesnt work, and i would restore except theres no untethered jailbreak for ios 5.1 yet and i cant live without it :(

bin folder

thanks for the files but still having the same problem

bin folder

thanks for the folder i just went thru the biggest mission changing all the permissions one by one haha thanks

Link works fine.

Sir if my dpkg file is deleted so how im gonna install the safari download manager? Tell me some other way please!

Download and download app from iTunes. Just search Download all should work fine, but if u want or that's confirmed to work, the one I use is made by LS Apps. Than use (which u hopefully have).

I just did it yesterday thru ifile. Thanks for the help anyway :)

I have tried everything to get back the dpkg nothing is working i tried downloading available links restoring rejailbreaking and ifile will not go away and i can not do anything on my phone please help

I have tried everything to get back the dpkg nothing is working i tried downloading available links restoring rejailbreaking and ifile will not go away and i can not do anything on my phone please help

You can get the dpkg deb from suariks repo in your browser, unpack it and grab the dpkg file, set permissions and user/group. Win win.

ok i got the dpkg file into ifile but it is in the wrong folder. it is in the var/mobile/applications/downloader/dpkg how do i get it to the usr/bin/dpkg?

Click Edit in iFile, select the dpkg file, and in the bottom right there's an icon of a clipboard, click it and hit "Cut"

Now go to the directory which you want (/usr/bin/dpkg) and click edit again, now hit the clipboard again and click "Paste".

Now click Done. Now click on the file, set permissions, and I'd reboot your device just for good measure!

I hope that's alright? I'm a bit rusty on iFile as of late, but hopefully that helps you.